Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Rich and Poor bonus

  • From"Billy Brahma" <billybrahma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 25 Mar 2007 15:02:59 -0400
it is in fact... anyone else...

So if there was a third player with fewer he could not profit from the bonus.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:47 AM
Subject: [Fluxx] Rich and Poor bonus

My husband (Ryan) and I had a minor argument last night about Rich and Poor bonus, so I thought I'd ask the people who know more about such things.

The pictures at the top clearly say "Most Keepers" and "Fewest Keepers", but the text at the bottom is less clear.  "If you have more/fewer keepers than anyone else..."

One player (Jeff) had 2 keepers, which was not the fewest, but it was fewer than someone else (Chris) who had 3.  So, Jeff said, "well, I have fewer keepers than Chris, so I will draw an extra card"  I let it pass, but Ryan had a fit, claiming that Jeff's interpretation was incorrect.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm a relative newcomer to this list, and I'd like to know for sure.  Should that "anyone" read "everyone"?  Or is Jeff's interpretation accurate?

~ Melissa