Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Rich and Poor bonus

  • From"Daniel W. Johnson" <panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 25 Mar 2007 17:07:46 -0400
At 07:47 -0500 2007-03-25, Melissa Parish wrote:
My husband (Ryan) and I had a minor argument last night about Rich and Poor bonus, so I thought I'd ask the people who know more about such things.

The pictures at the top clearly say "Most Keepers" and "Fewest Keepers", but the text at the bottom is less clear. "If you have more/fewer keepers than anyone else..."

The problem is that the word "any" is inherently ambiguous. Consider the following examples:

"Anyone here can operate this equipment."

"Can anyone here operate this equipment?"
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx