Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Playing Fluxx what happens when "Draw 2 & use em" first card played is "Rotate Hands"?

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 1 Mar 2008 12:35:14 -0600
Why set aside the hand? So that your action-drawn cards are not mixed with those in your hand. In general, this is to prevent the player from accidentally (or intentionally) playing cards that he did not just draw. This should be obvious. However, I would argue that this same wall of separation keeps the drawn cards from ever officially becoming a "hand." They exist only as part of an action, and should not exist outside the bounds of the action that summoned them. By allowing one of them to get rotated, you break the action midstream and force the rogue card to become a part of a hand, even against the will of the action. The original hand, however, should rotate. Sure, the hand is set aside, but it is not removed from the game. It's still a hand, and it still belongs to the player.

I'm pretty much agreeing with popular opinion here, but I don't like to cast my vote on any issue without disclosing my reasoning.