Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Re: Fluxx Digest, Vol 36, Issue 3

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 04 Aug 2008 21:34:41 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "WNivek" <wnivek@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <fluxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 7:53 PM
Subject: [Fluxx] Re: Fluxx Digest, Vol 36, Issue 3

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:34:23 -0400
From: "Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Preview Cards
To: "Fluxx Discussion List" <fluxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Here are my comments, suggestions and questions:

1) Thanks very much for the sneak peak!  I've been eager for it.

2) Hovercraft: Why subtract one?  Wouldn't it be simpler -- at least less
wordy -- to just add the two numbers and list the choices from 2 to 8?

3) Hovercraft and Inflation: two possibilities:
A) Add "This card not affected by Inflation" in small print at the bottom.
 B) Spell out *all* the numerals, not just '3'.

4) Get On With It:  Does "your turn ends immediately" imply that you can
skip Hand and Keeper Limits?

5) The Cheese Shop: Will there be icons?  (For example, a Keeper and a
Creeper, each with the "None" symbol over it [the red circle and diagonal -- does it have a name?], and the empty hand from the "Hand Limit 0" card, and
"You Alone" over the whole thing.)

6) The Cheese Shop:  Are there any cards in the deck which make it easier
for one player to empty his hand? I'd once thought of a goal of having the
only empty hand, but considered too difficult to achieve.  Maybe I just
haven't noticed an obvious strategy.

7) The Knights Who Say "Ni!":  Wonderful!  It would be even better if it
were neutralized if a card with "It" is on the table -- like "Get On With
It".

1) I agree whole-heartedly. I'm quite enthused about Monty Python
Fluxx, so I quite liked getting the chance to see these.

2) doing so would sever some connections. "Rule six: there is no rule
six" is a direct Python quote (from a list of rules, numbered one
through seven), and rule five being Draw 3 interfaces well with 1,2,5.

3) I was going to suggest that 2nd one myself, but you beat me to it.
The numerals used in the various effects should be left as-is, though.
( "Five: Draw 3 cards." )

4) Those limits are in constant effect while it is not your turn. So
no, you must obey them as always.

--
WNivek
wnivek@xxxxxxxxx