Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Preview Cards

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 04 Aug 2008 21:34:35 -0400
From: "WNivek" <wnivek@xxxxxxxxx>

2) Hovercraft: Why subtract one?  Wouldn't it be simpler -- at least less
wordy -- to just add the two numbers and list the choices from 2 to 8?

2) doing so would sever some connections. "Rule six: there is no rule
six" is a direct Python quote (from a list of rules, numbered one
through seven), and rule five being Draw 3 interfaces well with 1,2,5.

Thanks. I wasn't familiar with that sketch. Since the rules in it go from 1 to 7, it makes sense now.

4) Get On With It:  Does "your turn ends immediately" imply that you can
skip Hand and Keeper Limits?

4) Those limits are in constant effect while it is not your turn. So
no, you must obey them as always.

Ah yes, of course.

From: "Anestis Kozakis" <kenosti@xxxxxxxxx>

5) The Cheese Shop: Will there be icons? (For example, a Keeper and a Creeper, each with the "None" symbol over it [the red circle and diagonal -- does it have a name?], and the empty hand from the "Hand Limit 0" card, and "You Alone" over the whole thing.)

I think it's fine as it is.

I have no problem with it as it is, but IIRC every other Fluxx goal is illustrated, either by the necessary Keepers, or by more abstract icons. I was curious if Andy was making an exception here.

6) The Cheese Shop: Are there any cards in the deck which make it easier for one player to empty his hand? I'd once thought of a goal of having the only empty hand, but considered too difficult to achieve. Maybe I just haven't noticed an obvious strategy.

Hand Limit 0. Draw 1,2,3 and play more than that number (Play 2, 3, All, etc).

It's happened to us many times, so it is very easy to do.

With Hand Limit 0, everyone else has to discard their hands first, so I don't see how that can get just one player to have an empty hand.

But with Play All, the one who plays it is of course the first to empty his hand. (I'd forgotten about that. D'oh!)

7) The Knights Who Say "Ni!": Wonderful! It would be even better if it were neutralized if a card with "It" is on the table -- like "Get On With It".

Not sure what you're getting at here.

Watch this video, especially the last minute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTQfGd3G6dg&feature=related

Bryan