Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition TODAY!

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 15 Oct 2008 14:10:32 -0500
I'm sure all the pre-orders, (basic folk like me and stores and distributors) all are going out at the same time.  I understand that this was a BIG pre-order for Looney Labs - I don't know the exact numbers but it was a good run for them.  Watch Andy's blog on Wunderland - I'm sure he'll update us when he gets the chance.

Speaking of updates, I just updated the Rabbit Wiki to include the card list for MP Fluxx.
http://rabbits.continuation.org/wiki/Monty_Python_Fluxx_Deck_Card_List

I'd like someone else to proof the page for me - and edit where needed please!

One thing that's interesting about this deck is that there are often two names for a given card - mostly because the color strip on the side can only hold so many characters.  To show this on the wiki, I put both titles on the list like this:

Beast of Aaarrghh (aka: Legedary Black Beast of Aaarrghh)

"Beast of Aaarrghh" fits on the black strip on the side of the card.  "Legendary Black Beast of Aaarrghh" is in the main portion of the card above the line.

Because of this, MPFluxx has cards like:
Supreme Exec Power (aka: Strange Women Lying in Ponds Distributing Swords Is No Basis For A System of Government)

and even:
Armaments 2:9-21 (aka: Consult the Book of Armaments!)

I'm not sure which one is the "official" name - or if they both are.  Only True Rules Lawyers will care, but I'm not even sure if it will matter.

In any case, I like how it all fits together... and I especially LOVE the new Box! It's SO much better than the Zombie Box!  And the new rules sheet - with FAQ's on the back!  Brilliant!

OK... enough of this... this email has gotten entirely too silly!

cheers
Carol