Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] MP horrid combos

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 26 Dec 2008 11:45:22 -0500
On Dec 26, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Nimrod Jones wrote:

Here, it's important to play the spirit of the card and not worry about the strict wording.

While I agree with the specific interpretation of the card's intent in this case, I do not agree with the advice to "not worry about the strict wording". The idea ought to be that what's written on the cards is all you need to know. The "Draw 3, play 2 of them" text is broken when "One, Two, Five!" is in effect, and something more should be done about it than shrugging and saying "Well, you know what it means."

If (when?) I get a deck with "One, Two, Five!" in it, I'll be marking up the "Draw 3, play 2 of them" card to end with something like "...discard what you did not play."