Re: [Icehouse] Homeworlds Online

  • FromJesse Welton <jwelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 2 Sep 2005 20:27:11 -0400
On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 03:42:42PM -0600, Aaron Dalton wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the creation of an online implementation of
> Homeworlds.  It can be found at my completely free gaming website Super
> Duper Games (http://games.daltons.ca).  This implementation allows for
> 2-4 players.  I personally call it Nihilistic Homeworlds as I had to
> remove the good vs. evil aspect of the rules to allow for 2-players.

I don't understand this.  The end conditions for good and evil should
not cause any problem in a two-player game.  Good and evil simply
become irrelevant.  As for the last-man-standing end condition for
multiple players, it's probably better to award a victory on the first
kill.  Taking out an opponent generally requires making a sacrifice
that give the advantage to whoever sits back and lets one opponent
kill the others.

Website bug: Privacy policy and terms of service are visible only
after registering and logging in.

-Jesse