Re: [Icehouse] Martian Chess

  • FromAaron Dalton <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 13 Oct 2005 06:48:47 -0600
Jacob Davenport wrote:
On a different Martian Chess topic, I find the core idea behind the game to be interesting and compelling. But I find the movement of the pawns and drones dull. I've tried some variations, some more complicated than others, and I wonder if it would be a better game if you simply let the pawns move like kings and the drones move like knights. Then I'd feel like every piece was more important. Opinions?

-Jacob

I was having the same thought, actually, as I played the 2-player Java version of Martian Chess. I am going to make an SDG variant that will allow for this movement change.

Aaron