Re: [Icehouse] Martian Chess

  • FromAaron Dalton <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 13 Oct 2005 07:02:55 -0600
http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Arcade -> "Martian Chess Applet"

Aaron

Carlton Noles wrote:
2 player Java Version!?! Where?

On 10/13/05, Aaron Dalton <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jacob Davenport wrote:

On a different Martian Chess topic, I find the core idea behind the game
to be interesting and compelling. But I find the movement of the pawns
and drones dull. I've tried some variations, some more complicated than
others, and I wonder if it would be a better game if you simply let the
pawns move like kings and the drones move like knights. Then I'd feel
like every piece was more important. Opinions?

-Jacob

I was having the same thought, actually, as I played the 2-player Java
version of Martian Chess. I am going to make an SDG variant that will
allow for this movement change.

Aaron

Carlton "Kermit" Noles
Qui tacet consentit---"he who remains silent consents"
Want your own GMail Account?
Ask Me for an invite.