Re: [Icehouse] New member/ IceTowers query

  • FromKarl von Laudermann <karlvonl@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 2 Jan 2006 11:34:14 -0500

On Jan 1, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Tome Gnome wrote:

My query is this: I am uncertain if it is me, or what, but I have lost every game of IceTowers my partner and I have played. She alleges, and I believe her, that she has no strategy other than "putting pieces on other pieces," but I haven't been able to conceptualize a strategy myself. I feel like I must be missing something obvious: does anyone have any advice vis-a-vis IceTowers and how I can consistently devestate the person I love playing it?

My general strategy, which seems to work well, is this: Try to make as many towers as possible that contain exactly two of your own pieces, preferably of different sizes. Then, whenever one such tower gets capped by another player, simply mine one of your pieces out and put it onto another tower that has only one of your pieces. Continue this pattern indefinitely. :-)

--
                Karl von Laudermann
                karlvonl@xxxxxxx