RE: [Icehouse] Spurring the Spawing of Single-Stash Staples

  • From"Dan Isaac 2" <disaac2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 8 Feb 2006 10:58:59 -0500
I liked the Icehouse Game Design Competition, and would not have been bothered by having restrictions on some of the individual competitions. (I don't think that each one should have had restrictions, but perhaps every-other one at the most.) We drew a fair number of entries each time even without any prize, other then being printed in Hypothermia, but it seemed like we never drew enough voters.

I don't know what happened in that last competition. Hopefully Jonathan is OK, but it seems odd that he just disapeared during the competition. Anyone know what happened there? I wasn't very happy with my last entry anyway I guess.

But again, I would like for the competition to start back up, but we need to find a way to increase the voting turnout. Although I agree that adding a sizable prize would definitely increase the votes due to ballot box stuffing, I don't think that this is what we want.   :^)

- Dan