Re: [Icehouse] Multiple Colors vs. Monochrome Treehouse

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateWed, 01 Mar 2006 22:06:13 +0000
From: "Mark Crane" <craniac@xxxxxxxxx>
> You've obviously thought long and hard about selling the system, and the
> treehouse concept, as an analogue to the crappy yet popular LCR, seems like
> a great idea.  Now I've got to buy a fifth stash so I can design something
> for it.

You don't really have to.
 - Just design something that only needs four colors.
 - Use folded paper pyramids for the fifth color.

But if you don't really mind getting a fifth stash, make sure you get an opaque one.  That way your design tool box will be most like what will be available to the Treehouse consumer.  You're more likely to think about using opaqueness and/or not relying on transparency if that's what you have to work with during design.

--- Begin Message ---
  • From"Mark Crane" <craniac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 1 Mar 2006 20:18:01 +0000
Hi all,
I'm a new purchaser of the icehouse system and "playing with pyramids."

My total investment in the game is only $34, which doesn't sound like much, but it occured over two purchases.

You've obviously thought long and hard about selling the system, and the treehouse concept, as an analogue to the crappy yet popular LCR, seems like a great idea.  Now I've got to buy a fifth stash so I can design something for it.

I'll buy any game that costs $10, with the exception of candyland.  It's unfortunate that there isn't a more affordable way to manufacture within the states.  I keep thinking of those pulp egg cartons and wondering if there is an affordable process for making the pyramids out of pulped wood fibers, with some sort of non-toxic binding agent, so they could be built from lumber "waste."  You'd have a pleasingly solid pyramid and the benefits of being environmentally friendly.  My guess is that this idea was probably considered and discarded a decade ago, but just in case I thought I would throw it out.