Re: [Icehouse] Angles

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateThu, 01 Jun 2006 16:46:16 +0000
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
> Another idea, believe it or not is to make standard-size hollow
> pieces out of wood. I have a Rockler store nearby where I can buy
> thin wood in various flavors. I bet I could design a jig that
> would hold the wood and keep me from losing any fingertips...

Oh, I believe it.

What I started to do (one and a half pyramids worth) along those lines was to cut the triangles with a plain old vertical saw blade and then use my disc sander with the table set to 43deg to under cut the sides.  I also made all the triangles a little too tall and then just sanded the piece to height once the four sides are glued together.

Ryan