RE: [Icehouse] New Icehouse games posted on www.icehousegames.org/wiki/ for playtesting and comments

  • FromTome Gnome <tome_gnome@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Jul 2006 15:21:51 -0700 (PDT)
I agree that "centrificing" is awkward (although fun to say). It seems to me that the solution is to reduce the word "trebuchet" to "treb," and use that as the verb, as in "So is this the point where I treb it?" or "This game requires very accurate trebbing."

As a clumsy academic I avoid dexterity games, but words are always fun. They are good-looking games, Dennis!

--Todd

Ryan Hackel <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for putting these on the wiki, Dennis!

I liked the Centrificing animation; seeing that did more to illustrate the action more than any words could. However, the word 'centrificing' is awkward. Have you considered 'catapulting' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catapult)? I also thought of trebuchet, but I'm not sure how to work that into a verb.

---Ryan

--- On Tue 07/04, Dennis Kringe < d.m.k@xxxxxx > wrote:
From: Dennis Kringe [mailto: d.m.k@xxxxxx]
To: icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 09:20:52 +0200
Subject: [Icehouse] New Icehouse games posted on www.icehousegames.org/wiki/ for playtesting and comments

Hi,I'm still new to the list and the community, but that didn't stop me to post three new games (with a similar basic mechanic) that explore a different part of game for Icehouse - action games.Since the games aren't that well playtested yet, I would like to hear your comments about them and the idea of "Centrificeing" in general.There are probably some things that can be corrected or enhanced (in the games descriptions in general, too). And I still have problems uploading the gif-image for visualising the mechanic (now linked externally at the bottom of the page).So, please visithttp://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Centrificehttp://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Catapultshttp://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Ice_Bouleand try them out. Your feedback is always welcome.Dennis Kringe_______________________________________________Icehouse mailing listIcehouse@lists.looneylabs.comhttp://lists.looneylabs.com/mailman/listinfo/icehouse