[Icehouse] Re: New Icehouse games posted on www.icehousegames.org/wiki/ for playtesting and comments

  • From"Eric Wald" <eswald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Jul 2006 22:35:24 -0600
Tome Gnome wrote:
I agree that "centrificing" is awkward (although fun to say). It seems to me
that the solution is to reduce the word "trebuchet" to "treb," and use that
as the verb, as in "So is this the point where I treb it?" or "This game
requires very accurate trebbing."

My only problem with "centrificing" is that it is too close to
"sacrificing," which is not quite what you want with the mechanic.
"Catapaulting" sounds good to me; at least one of the games refers
to a catapault, but that shouldn't be too much of a conflict.
"Treb," on the other hand, sounds to me more like "treble" than
"trebuchet," perhaps because I have never used the latter.

- Eric