Re: [Icehouse] Re: New Icehouse games posted on www.icehousegames.org/wiki/ for playtesting and comments

  • From"Dennis Kringe" <d.m.k@xxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 05 Jul 2006 08:28:07 +0200
Hi and thanks for your first insights,

I considered Catapult, Trebuchet and even Sling or Slingshot as well, but because of the prossibility to integrate an ICE in Centrifuge and have a word that is speakable and original, I chose to call the mechanic centrificeing (even though I am well aware that it is very close to sacrificing and the word Centrifuge is usually used in a different context with a slightly different meaning).

About those other words you proposed:
* I think treb is a word that doesn't reflect what the mechanic does, because people won't associate trebuchet with it, when they hear it. * catapulting (or catapaulting, don't know if it is a typing error or meant to be spelt that way) sounds good and reflects the mechanic - it may be an alternative - on the other hand I think it sounds too "normal" for an Icehouse game, when there IS the possibility to integrate the word ICE into the mechanics name.

What exactly is it, that you find awkward about centrificeing (no, I'm not letting go of it that easily ;) ), except it's similarity to sacrificing?

Dennis