Re: [Icehouse] End of Tournament Games

  • FromCaleb Welton <cewelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 6 Jul 2006 15:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
Clearly this strategy is best applied once you already have a win under your
belt so that your existing win can be used to get a maximum multiplier out of
the increased part score.

If she won her first game and THEN implemented the metagame strategy her score
would have come out as (28+30+30+30)*2.75 = 324.5, which would have easily
qualified her for finals.

If after the first win the strategy had been implemented in just _one_ of the
other three rounds her score would have been between 207-230, not good enough
to be a finalist, but a significant raise in standing.

While there isn't a great danger of the entire tournament going this way, it
only takes two self interested metagame conscious win leaders to convince two
other people to accept the strategy in order for it to become relevant.

-Caleb