Re: [Icehouse] Volcano terminology

  • From"Julia C. Tenney" <tenney@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 30 Oct 2006 12:24:42 -0500
Quoting kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx (kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx):
> If you cause an eruption and score ZERO pieces, either you need a
bit more practice or your opponent is quite crafty indeed.

happens in tournaments. :/

>   Zero capture =   Molokini (a small unihabited atoll just off Maui)
>                    or perhaps some other, non-island name term.

or simply "atoll"?

as in:

"you flaming ATOLL! I can't capture a single piece!"?

(I didn't realize atoll effectively describes an ex-island -- even
before some genius decides to test nukes on it -- until this month,
when I got completely sucked into wikipedia trying to understand the
name of this sculpture:
http://stevehollinger.com/Sculpture/kwajalein.html
I ended up in Pitcairn, and their recent trials. Every resident of
pitcairn is listed in their directory, with photo, by first names.
http://www.lareau.org/pitcres.html)