[Icehouse] RE: 9-Player Martian Coasters

  • DateTue, 19 Dec 2006 14:25:24 -0700
"As for making a separate product for xeno coasters, one counter point to
that is that it would become a real pain to need to produce 2 versions of
every pyramid product from here to eternity."

I don't think this would be necessarily true; after all, Martian Coasters is the first (only?) product produced
where the color of the squares is relevant to play. Even if there's other similar products (i.e. "branded"
to Rainbow, with Xeno only indicated by a work-around like the MC arrows), they aren't so legion as to create
an inventory nightmare.

Or are you just concerned about introducing the precedent, which would haunt all future branded products? That
is a fair enough concern.

But LL DID decide to put out Rainbow-branded MC, so there's one precedent driving the other one: the first
(only, if I am right) product with a strong orientation to one color set. (This is a long-winded way of saying,
"Andy started it!") ;)

Recall that there are 11 colors, and folks have "favorite colors" and so this really could be a product with
legs, not just a gimmick that's a nuisance to produce and distribute/stock.

Anyway, we'll see....
David Artman