Re: [Icehouse] RE: Tournament Icehouse Concepts for Cons?

  • From"Subhan Tindall" <subhan.michael@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 8 Jan 2007 13:11:32 -0800
My experience with Blam! is probably 15-30 minutes/game, depending on
the experience of the players.  Remember you are allready pretty
limited in the # of moves, a game will run 15-20 moves/player or so,
maybe a few more if there is a lot of self-capturing going on.
Although it is technically possible to get into an infinite loop, I've
only seen it come up in 1 or 2 games.  I'm sure a 30 minute time
limit/game would be more than sufficient!
You could even run several multi-player games, then seed a bracketed 1
on 1 tournemant based on score.
Man, this is making me want to run a Blam! Tourney now!  Guess I ought
to set on up on superdupergames.org ;-)
Subhan