Re: [Icehouse] Tournament Icehouse Concepts for Cons? [LONG]

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Jan 2007 07:27:51 -0500
On 1/8/07, Subhan Tindall <subhan.michael@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Although Zendo is cool, it is way too idiosyncratic to be suitable to
tournament play IMHO.

I concur.  Zendo does not lend itself well to tournamenting, let alone
tournademoing.

But on the general thought of tournament formats, I'd recommend
something more free flowing.  The official icehouse tornaments use a
floating system where you play games against whomever whenever and
your tournament score is calculated based on that with a final round
of the top qualifiers.  I've also heard of a Binary Homeworlds tourney
with a similar idea.

The general goal is that your participants don't have to devote an
entire day to this one thing to be able to compete.  Especially if
they paid big bucks for con entry and have lots of other stuff to
distract them.

--
 but I don't do cons or tourneys, so my advice may not be the greatest