Re: [Icehouse] Tournament Icehouse Concepts for Cons?

  • From"Bill Barksdale" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 08 Jan 2007 15:54:37 -0400
>  Zendo tournaments are tricky, and we've done several.  We do
>  double-elimination with three player games:
>  wiki.playagaingames.com/tiki-index.php?page=Tournament+Zendo

I was wondering how you would handle a number of those issues.  It is probably necessary to exclude Masters from playing in the tournament.  I also like the idea of creating the rules ahead of time so that the organizers can discuss difficulty levels.  You would need to make sure that the Masters are relatively on the same page about how revealing to make the initial and counterexample koans.

I imagine that there would be some communication problems with more than about three Masters running the tournament, which means you couldn't have many more than twelve people or else face delays.  Still, it sounds like an interesting thing to run.

--Bill Barksdale