[Icehouse] Someone at HP plays Icehouse....

  • FromMark Lentczner <markl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 22 Jan 2007 08:24:22 -0800
I opened my newspaper this morning and found this ad for HP color laser printers:

	http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hpads/pdf/ipg_colorconversion.pdf
	(warning: 780k PDF)

Notice what is on the chart the man at the top is holding. The same image is coming out of the left-most printer. As data charts, they'd have Edward Tufte in a lather. But to us, it looks like a 4x4 version of Volcano!

While poking around the HP site to find this ad, I found another ad they have. It features the same chart, though in B&W, but this time prominently in the center:

	http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hpads/pdf/ipg_million.pdf
	(this time only a 270k PDF)

Okay, fess up, who here works at an ad agency with an HP account?

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/
markl@xxxxxxxxxxx