[Icehouse] Update to RAMhouse rules

  • Frommadlab.rabbit.krishaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DateSun, 04 Feb 2007 22:08:04 +0900
This one time, at band camp, I wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've created a couple of variants of some pyramid games and Kristin
> encouraged me to post them here.

> Second, my new creation, RAMhouse:
> http://www.krisjohn.net/ramhouse.html
>
> RAMhouse is for fans of RAMbots (and/or Robo Ralley) who have been
> buying Treehouse sets rather than a standard four-colour Icehouse stash.
>  It includes setup changes to cope with a pyramid collection that can't
> be neatly split into four identical pools, and new rules as to what
> other coloured beams do.  Eg;

Now that I've received some more Treehouse sets (for a total of three
Xeno and one Rainbow), I've had the opportunity to try my RAMhouse
rules.  They had two major problems caused by my inexperience with the
game; one with the "precedence stack" (being based first on the colour
of the *move* rather than the colour of the bot) and one with the fact
that there aren't five simultaneous rounds like RoboRally (instead, the
movement precedence is checked after every individual bot's move, such
that one player may complete all their moves before anyone else has a
single move).

An updated set of rules has been posted to:

http://www.krisjohn.net/ramhouse.html

One change I made not related directly to my the problems above was to
change the size of the pieces used on the board (and to remove the
precedence stack from the board).  I couldn't find any good reason for
the bots to be the largest size, so I made them the smallest and the
flags medium to be friendlier to smaller chess boards.  I'd love to hear
comments on that particular change. (And the rest of the rules too if
anyone wants to comment.)

Yours,

Chris (Krisjohn) Johnson.