[Icehouse] New Game: Geomancy

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 22 Feb 2007 03:57:59 -0600
It's been a while since we got a new game, eh? Let's have a go at this one: Geomancy. It's a game about throwing pyramids at a chessboard! It certainly passed the Let's Play Again test when we all tried it out tonight. I didn't make up Geomancy--the credit goes to my friend, Steve. He entrusted me to put it on the wiki. My favourite aspect of this game is how it keeps all players involved during everyone's turn by calling on everyone to judge the most accurate positions of the pieces. Please playtest this one at your next gaming opportunity, especially if you have a large chessboard lying around! Steve would like to know what you all think of it and how it can be improved, especially the variant at the end (the variant may just end up becoming the regular game). I, having just typed it all up late at night after playing it only twice, am also interested in how I can change the rules description to make it more clear and complete. I'll try to add pictures within a week.

I almost forgot to post a link, so tired am I. It's nearly four in the morning and I still have homework to do. I just wanted to get this game on the wiki before I completely forgot how to play! Here it is: http://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Geomancy

Enjoy, and thanks for trying it out!

James