Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse.Org Image Upload Issue

  • From"Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 27 Feb 2007 14:07:56 -0500

On 2/27/07, Brian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 27, 2007, at 1:38 PM, David Artman wrote:

> I am trying to upload a simple PNG image to the Icehouse.org
>  Wiki, but it never seems to happen. I can't show the image;
>  it's not logged as uploaded; and it's not in the gallery. I
>  have to host it on my own site (not a big deal, but not as
>  elegant as hosting in the Wiki itself) and embed it with a
>  URL call.

This is something that has been broken for a long time. It worked in
the first couple months of the wiki being used, but an upgrade of
MediaWiki or something similar broke it, and it has not been fixed.

Since it broke, people have been working around it by posting images
on their own sites, which is less than ideal, but it works.

one thing on that note is there a way to do that and avoid some of the tag showing ( I couldn't see t get around that part).

--
Carlton "Kermit" Noles