[Icehouse] Re: Icehouse.Org Image Upload Issue

  • DateTue, 27 Feb 2007 12:58:20 -0700
Tom and Brian, thanks for pointing me to the right Help resource. I
 could not figure out how to actually contact someone (The Main Page
 Talk, apparently); and the actual Wiki Help just told me how to use
 the upload function without any real outlet if it didn't work.
 Finally, had my Search-Fu been a bit better, I could have eventually
 found that note about it being broken... but, yeah, I got lazy.

All that said, though, it strikes me as rather odd that the Upload
 Image function (or links to it) haven't been disabled. It's been
 over a year and a half broken; it doesn't look like it's going to
 be fixed any time soon; and so why even leave it "on"? At the least,
 they could make the Special:Upload page auto-redirect to an "It's
 Not Working" page, right? Ah, well....

...AND I just made such an admin request, via that MainPage:Talk
 section. Duh.

> one thing on that note is there a way to do that and avoid some of
> the tag showing ( I couldn't see t get around that part).

Carlton, check out the Martian Shuffleboard Scoring section here:
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Martian_Shuffleboard

I was able to easily embed the image hosted from my own site by just
 putting the complete URL for the image in the code (in a table, as
 it turns out, but that's irrelevant).

Sorry if my ignorance of the Wiki Way bothered anyone;
David