Re: [Icehouse] New game: Shield Bashers. Needs playtesting.

  • From"Eric Wald" <eswald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 1 Mar 2007 17:34:31 -0700
On 2/28/07, Chris (Krisjohn) Johnson wrote:
I've just come up with a new game.

http://www.krisjohn.net/shieldbashers.html

It's themed as a space combat game, but the main point of it was that I
wanted to do something that specifically took advantage of the opaque
pieces.

Interesting idea.  I don't have nearly enough opaque plastic pieces, but
I do have plenty of paper pyramids that should work.

This game is brand new, essentially untested and not even spell-checked.
 If anyone would like to give it a playtest and post some feedback that
would be great.

I haven't yet, but I probably will tomorrow night.

However, on first glance I notice that the Destroyers are color-bound.
This makes them worth somewhat less than the Frigates, which is slightly
unintuitive given the pip values.  More seriously, it makes draws
possible, if two people have opposite-colored Frigates.

- Eric