[Icehouse] Re: Matching dice & Icehouse Wiki

  • Frommadlab.rabbit.krishaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DateTue, 06 Mar 2007 21:59:59 +0900
This one time, at band camp, I wrote:

> I made it to my FLGS this afternoon and picked up dice to match my
> pyramid collection:
>
> http://www.krisjohn.net/ll_dice.jpg
>
> I'm thinking of coming up with some sort of game with them.  I'll be
> playing Killer Bunnies lots this Sunday and they have some sort of
> coloured dice thing that matches the expansions or something so I'm
> going to see if it inspires me.

I got inspired.  The seed of an idea is at:

http://icehousegames.org/wiki?title=Martian_Colonists

The idea is that coloured pyramids are built on numbered tiles.  Each
turn all the dice are rolled and if the colour and number of the dice
matches the colour of the tower and the number of the tile its built on,
the owner of that tower gets some sort of resource -- possibly generic,
based on the tower colour, the tile colour, the tile number, or some mix.

Inspirations include; AlienCity/Piecepack, Killer Bunnies (as I thought,
some of their dice ideas did suit what I was trying to do) and Settlers
of Catan.

Also, my other game has been copied across to:

http://icehousegames.org/wiki?title=Shield_Bashers

I'm going to change the attacking to any adjacent square (not restricted
to how the ship can move, and not done as a different option in the move
phase, but as a separate attack phase) and I'm going to add a mechanism
for ships to return to base, repair and switch their shields.  That will
hopefully fix most, if not all, of the problems with games drawing.

Yours, Chris (Krisjohn) Johnson.

P.S. I forgot to reset the anti-spam filter I use for this list.  If you
sent me an email between Icehouse Digest, Vol 22, Issue 3 and Icehouse
Digest, Vol 22, Issue 8, I didn't get it, please send it again.