[Icehouse] Re: The original pyramid size formula revealed!

  • DateWed, 07 Mar 2007 09:27:50 -0700
Thank you very much, Andy!

I hope my cajoling you to give us the scoop was taken in the
good-humored way that I intended (winks and all). I *really* appreciate
you giving the actual history of their development, and thereby
revealing the formula underlying the current dimensions (which was
emergent, not dictated).

So... even though the formulas get you glassy-eyed, which ones would
"reign supreme," if you were to use them to develop 0-, 4-, 5-,
etc-pointers?

One uses the wall thickness at the angle of the ground--not the actual
thickness which is less--to derive subsequent Base widths, then
multiplies that by 7/4 to get the new Height. Others use two formulas
relative to the pip count. (Question for the Math Heads--are these
effective identical, in the end?)

Although I suspect there will never be larger pieces, it would be cool
to get some "official" zero-pointers, both for pocket-sized sets for
games that don't care about pip count and for more options in other
games that do (or don't). You could probably sell "mini-packs" of just
zero-pointers, five per pack (colored like Treehouse packs). After all,
the Volcano caps are seemingly doing well, yes?

Anyhow... thanks a million, and forgive me if I offended
unintentionally. My exuberance can be a liability, in plain text....
David