Re: [Icehouse] Storage

  • FromJay Forbes <jay8828@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Jul 2007 05:13:56 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jessie Clark <ersa_scout@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do you think?

I think it is great.  I think someone was talking
about a design like this on one of the lists a while
ago and I was inspired to try to make one.  The one
problem I have heard is that the points sometimes get
banged up when carrying them in a bag.  Although it is
nice after a game to be able to toss all the pieces on
the board and draw it up.  Just have to make sure all
the pieces are there.  One advantage of storing in
tubes is you can tell right away if a piece is missing
as you pack up.

I used checkerboard material with a circle of material
around it so it would draw up better.  I found little
grommets at Michael's to run the draw string through.
I also thought it was too flimsy so I put a second
layer of material behind it.  It also hides the back
of the checkerboard which doesn't look great.  Pics
are here.

http://jay8828.home.comcast.net/drawstringbag.html