RE: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2008 is ready for announcement tomorrow!

  • DateMon, 05 Nov 2007 14:03:19 -0700
> From: "Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
> On 11/5/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As for your condition of *absolutely, positively requiring* two
> > different color TH dice (I can't imagine how that would happen or what
> > mechanic could necessitate that, frankly)
>
> That sounds like a challenge!

Well, sure, go for it, keeping in mind that the following mechanics
won't fulfill that challenge:
1) Matching the die color to color of affected mid- One could merely
roll once for "black" and roll again for "white" (or whatever two
colors).
2) Distinguishing simultaneously rolled dice - Once could roll them into
two different locations.

Oh, well... I actually just thought of a general mechanic which requires
different-colored TH dice: the TH dice are actual units/pieces in the
play space; and the word on top of each die has mechanical meaning for
only one side in the game. Thus, one would need a "Player A" TH die and
a "Player B" TH die... which would have to be different colors (or one
would have to somehow mark one of two black dice to designate it as
Player A's die; same difference, basically). Otherwise, one has to
remember which is whose (poor design, in general).

Hmmm.... TH die as a unit on the field....
*gears crank up*
David