RE: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2008 is ready for announcement tomorrow!

  • DateThu, 08 Nov 2007 08:16:01 -0700
> From: David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Exactumundo! In the end, we want good games that encourage purchase of a
> second set: that's my gauge as Coordinator for accepting a submission.

OK, having made Chicken Run, and thinking (only THINKING) of submitting
it for the IGDC, it brought to mind another wiggle of acceptance for the
IGDC.

If a game *could* be played with 3 or more more sets using an alternate
setup, but it is *possible* (nay--it is the *default mode of play*) to
play it with only 2 sets (but *not* only 1) then it qualifies.

This is a slight amendment to Don's math of ( 1 < required sets <= 2 )
merely because it permits an extended case of an alternate setup that
uses more than 2 sets, but does not absolutely *require* more than 2
sets.

Ugh... I ain't running another product-based design restriction IGDC.
Too many damned corner cases and alternative setups and scaling issues
and applicability issues (e.g. in an MC design restriction competition,
using Martian Coasters just as a 6x6 board with no consideration of
their colors or arrows or significant squares--ex: MegaVolcano could be
an "MC game," with such trivial/irrelevant usage of the MCs).

David