[Icehouse] New Game: Chicken Run

  • DateWed, 07 Nov 2007 13:06:37 -0700
Hi, all;

A flash of inspiration, a bit of whimsy, some noodling; and I have come
up with...
Chicken Run
(http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Chicken_Run)

Two families, a brace of chickens, unruly spectators on the sidelines:
you've got a mad-cap game for two players using two unmatched Treehouse
sets (Rainbow and Xeno) and a 5x9 board. Which family will be first to
round up two chickens? How many spectators (and opposing family
members!) will be trampled in the process?

Find out for yourself!

(Note: I'd really like some help with the diction of some of the
rules--anywhere it seems "stiff" or awkward or hard to follow. It's one
of those games that takes a minute to explain when you have pieces in
front of you, but somehow takes two or three pages to spell out
exactingly. I may also be going a bit overboard with the "technical
writing" tone and maybe I could dial it back to a more
conversational--if longer-winded--diction. Or maybe I need a table of
some kind, in particular with regards to legal versus illegal movement
of pieces?)

Thanks!
David