Re: [Icehouse] 2 player Zendo

  • FromDale Newfield <Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 12 Jan 2008 16:05:38 -0500
Kory Heath wrote:
On turn X, as the Student, I will purposely not guess the rule correctly, because if I guess it correctly, I gain no points over the Master, while if I fail to guess correctly, the game ends and I gain a point.

If the game is "first to Z points (after each player has the same number of master/student opportunities)", and the Student is ahead, they'd rather push the game to completion by each getting 2 points rather than gaining only one point and giving the master another turn to possibly get many points. If the student is behind, your analysis is probably correct.

I'm not seeing any obvious way around all of this.

Me either.

Here's my variation on that theme. Interestingly, this suggestion
actually works for any number of players, and provides a kind of cap
to keep games from going on too long.

I like it.

-Dale