Re: [Icehouse] New Icehouse MySpace

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 8 Mar 2008 16:02:06 -0500
On Mar 8, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Scott Sulzer wrote:
Of course it is. On a forum you can use the animated smilies.

I loathe gratuitous animation. You can count me out of any forum which promotes it.

On Mar 8, 2008, at 11:19 AM, James Hazelton wrote:
Some forum systems have a [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tag, which makes the text look sarcastic.

Pseudotags like that work just as well in email. I use [rant] and [/ rant] on occasion. I was about to do a rant on an unrelated topic just now, but decided against it. I just wonder if there's a correlation between top-posting and preferring web forums.