Re: [Icehouse] New Icehouse MySpace

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 10 Mar 2008 08:44:10 -0400
On 3/8/08, James Hazelton <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some forum systems have a [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tag, which makes the text
> look sarcastic.

On a very high traffic list that I use to keep up with everyone that
I've met since I started college we have taken to using a percent sign
like a knew punctuation mark to indicate sarcasm.  It's used just like
a question mark or exclamation point.

Example:

I'm so glad that day light saving time started today%  There's nothing
like being at work for an hour before the sun comes up.

It's worked rather well for the last four years or so for us and I
would be very happy if it spread to the rest of the world because then
I wouldn't have to think about what list I'm posting to and weather or
not they'll understand my crazy moon language.

--
  all of you should start using the percent = sarcasm now