Re: [Icehouse] 15 trios in a Pink Treehouse box?

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Feb 2009 16:37:39 -0500
Christopher Hickman wrote:
I got Pink Treehouse last week. I noticed that there is lots
of room in the box, and I was easily able to fit 2HOUSE in it,
but I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to fit 15 trios
 in the box.

It's a pretty neat packing problem, props for posing it.

The answer, is to not constrain yourself to storing all the
pieces in 3-piece nests. I can only pack 14 nests in the box.
Without the nesting constraint...

http://www.ee0r.com/misc/pinkpack.jpg

The pieces you can't see easily in that picture are nested
inside the base pieces of the stacks.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx