Re: [Icehouse] 15 trios in a Pink Treehouse box?

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Feb 2009 08:09:16 -0500
On Feb 16, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Elliott C. Evans wrote:

Christopher Hickman wrote:
I got Pink Treehouse last week. I noticed that there is lots
of room in the box, and I was easily able to fit 2HOUSE in it,
but I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to fit 15 trios
in the box.

It's a pretty neat packing problem, props for posing it.

The answer, is to not constrain yourself to storing all the
pieces in 3-piece nests. I can only pack 14 nests in the box.
Without the nesting constraint...

Yeah, if *eeyore* can't fit all 45 pyramids in the box, I doubt it can be done....

I wonder if the Looneys are going to sell empty boxes for me to fill. I could always do 2HOUSE and 1+dice quite comfortably.