[Icehouse] Spring 2009 IGDC Judging BEGINS!

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 17 Apr 2009 13:34:20 -0400
OK, folks, I'm pleased to announce that the Spring 2009 Icehouse Game Design Competition has five great games, for your judging pleasure!

http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Icehouse_Game_Design_Competition

Please take the next month to play them with friends and family (and, why not, total strangers!); and once you've tried them all, remember:
* Judging ballots must be sent to IGDC.Coordinator@xxxxxxxxx--anyone can judge, just be nice and don't stuff the ballot box. If you do not want your name associated with the published ratings, provide me with a "code word" or "alias" by which I can post your rating, so you can confirm they are accurate in the final calculations for a winner.
* Take into account each game's use of its three ingredients (see site link above for their choices)--that's the point of a themed competition.
* But also consider just plain fun--which games had you coming back for more?
* Rate each game on a scale of 1 to 10 points, with 10 being highest (half points permitted, if needed). You may leave a game rating blank, which means "No Opinion;" and you may give two or more games equal ratings, for a tie.
* (Optional but encouraged) Provide feedback to the game designers, so they can make the games the best that they can be!
* If you need to resubmit ratings, because you've had second thoughts about your initial ratings, you may do so, but be sure to tell me to DELETE your old ratings, so I'm not confused (it's easy to do that!).

All the details of how to be a judge are on the web page to which I linked above.

Go play!
David Artman
Spring 2009 IGDC Coordinator