I've hit every non-RPG site on which I am fairly active, but I need help with some of the board game sites and so forth: BoardGameGeek, local Meetups, strat-game mailing lists, your high-traffic blog (*ahem* Andy). In particular, I've got no way to inform the non-English-speaking Iceheads of the world!
Could y'all please help out with spreading the word about IGDC Judging? Here's the message I've been sending out:
OK, folks, I'm pleased to announce that the Spring 2009 Icehouse Game
Design Competition has five great games, for your judging pleasure!
Please take the next month to play them with friends and family (and,
why not, total strangers!); and once you've tried them all, remember:
* Judging ballots must be sent to IGDC.Coordinator@xxxxxxxxx--anyone
can judge, just be nice and don't stuff the ballot box. If you do not
want your name associated with the published ratings, provide me with a
"code word" or "alias" by which I can post your rating, so you can
confirm they are accurate in the final calculations for a winner.
* Take into account each game's use of its three ingredients (see site
link above for their choices)--that's the point of a themed competition.
* But also consider just plain fun--which games had you coming back for more?
* Rate each game on a scale of 1 to 10 points, with 10 being highest
(half points permitted, if needed). You may leave a game rating blank,
which means "No Opinion;" and you may give two or more games equal ratings, for a tie.
* (Optional but encouraged) Provide feedback to the game designers, so they can make the games the best that they can be!
* If you need to resubmit ratings, because you've had second thoughts
about your initial ratings, you may do so, but be sure to tell me to
DELETE your old ratings, so I'm not confused (it's easy to do that!).
All the details of how to be a judge are on the web page to which I linked above.
Spring 2009 IGDC Coordinator
Use it as-is, cut it down, just use the link--you know your communities. Anything that would help get judges looking at the games and breaking out their Icehouse collections! :)
We've got a month. Should be a fun one--the games look good!