Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Spring 2009 Results!

  • Fromcarlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx
  • DateWed, 27 May 2009 16:39:42 +0000
Second place AGAIN! well if nothing else I am consistent.

Oddly enough I don't care for dexterity games all that much either. Crack'd Ice being the main exception. Usually we play Drip, Crack'd Ice, or Moonshot toward the end of a session after playing something a bit more mentally taxing. Landing Zone is my first attempt at a dexterity game. It sort of came to me all at once and just got some minor tweaking. That said we had fun playing it. I don't know if I will ever do another dexterity game it depends greatly on what ideas pop into my head and where I can go with them. I don't think this is the best game I have ever designed but I thought it was pretty good under the restrictions and time allotted. I have two games with potential for the open competition in the fall one being a game mechanic I have been toying with for a while and am just starting to implement (not on the wiki yet). The other is on the wiki somewhere in development and needs some tweaking and more play.

See you all in the fall!

Carlton "Kermit" Noles