[Icehouse] New Icehouse forum

  • From"Blake" <topgun505@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 26 Jul 2009 00:24:50 -0400

First.  I'm sorry if this has been done before.  As I'm new to the mail list
and relatively new to the wiki I had no idea there had been previous forum
attempts.

As for this forum going away, I can assure you that is unlikely.  I am
hosting the forum directly on my web server which is a paid-for domain for
my web business ... not some freebie thing like Tripod, etc.  So this
website isn't going anywhere ... and as long as it does not, neither will
the forum.  As for the game itself ... I'm not giving up Icehouse for any
reason either.  I've sunk over $100 in Icehouse materials ... I don't spend
that kind of money on something unless I plan to stick with it a long long
time.  :)

Now, whether or not a lot of Icehouse users will actually hop on to it and
USE it ... is another matter.  But ... that is entirely up to everyone here.

Yes the list here works, but I find it rather cumbersome having to email in
any posts being made (I'm sure I can't be the only one who thinks this??),
and there's no way to organize posts to make breaking topics up in to
categories a possibility so you can find topics relevant to your interests.

The one downside is that I have not managed my own forum before (though I
have used forums plenty, just not managed one) ... so you all will have to
bear with me.  Any advice will be appreciated.

But in the end, whether this takes off or not depends on the players.  Like
the idea?  Then nudge your fellow icehouse friends and make them aware of
it.  Starting something like this is like rolling a snowball down the hill.
Whether or not it turns in to a boulder and reaches the bottom depends on
how hard of a shove you give it at the top.

So ... let's start pushing shall we?  ;)