Re: [Icehouse] New Tarot-less Gnostica Deck

  • FromAaron Dalton <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 16 Oct 2009 07:53:17 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, P.D. Magnus wrote:

Nicely done. The cards are very pretty.

Thank you.

One thought: I worry that it would be hard to make sense of them if you were looking at them as a hand of cards. Why not put the symbols in each corner - like an ordinary deck of cards?

I agree. The initial idea was to make them as legible as possible when on the table. Putting smaller symbols in the corners meant easier to hold, but less immediately identifiable on the board. Now that the symbols are done, I think I'm going to have another go at it with smaller icons along the top left of the card, read from top to bottom.

Another thought: If you want to make it tarot-less, you could get rid of the major arcana card names entirely.

Aye. For the people in my circle, the main issue with modern tarot cards is the imagery. It's not a big deal for me personally, and I actually kinda liked the corelation between card names and powers, so I kept them.

Thanks again! I'll let you know when I'm done the vertical version of the cards.

Cheers!
Aaron