[Icehouse] Dectana rules clarifications

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 29 Dec 2009 10:50:20 -0500
Hello, fellow pyramaniacs;

I've made a few minor editorial clarifications to the rules of Dectana:
(http://ceruleansgames.tripod.com/dectana.htm)

1) A flat pyramid points only at adjacent territories and wasteland spaces, never at spaces two or more steps away. If it's not a neighboring space, it's out of range.

2) An upright pyramid does not point at any territory or wasteland space in particular. Upright pyramids can't do anything to other pyramids or territories anyway.

3) In a tiebreaker, the player with the most pyramids on the board wins, and I've clarified this to mean "the player among those tied for most points". if you have more pyramids on the board than anyone else but weren't in tied in points, you can't argue that you won the tiebreaker.

4) Reminder: the initial territory claims are made in REVERSE turn order, before play proceeds in normal turn order beginning with the start player. I'll admit that this is a rule that even I the designer overlook.

---Ryan H.

P.S.: I'm fishing for illustrated suit power example graphics, if anyone wants to volunteer their time and talents.
   Click here for easy weight loss help and diet information.
Diet Help
Click Here For More Information