Re: [Icehouse] [Origins] Giant pyramid supplies?

  • FromS Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 8 May 2010 09:54:35 -0400
Hello!  I mentioned over on the Origins list that I would post my
template fFor Giant Pyramids.  Simply print these on your large
fFormat 48" wide printer, and assemble.  =)  (Or, yeah, whatever size
printer you have available, as desired)  I should point out: depending
on your material, the tabs (intended to fFold under and into the
pyramid model when cut out) might not be needed.

http://www.brigandine.org/icehouse/

(Oh, disclaimer:  If the Looneys decide this is too close to
infringement on their excellent product, this link will go away, you
betcha.)

Cheers!
--Scott

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Bryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Kristin!
>
> I'm curious: what's the giant chessboard like - a blanket?  How big
> are the squares?
>
> Doing some web search, I found US Game Systems, the folks who publish
> many decks of traditional cards, tarot cards, and Authors games, also
> publish a Colossal Playing Card deck, whose cards are 8"x12":
> http://www.usgamesinc.com/product.php?productid=722&cat=0&page=1.
> I may want to pick up a deck of those, and bring it in case anyone
> wants to try Giant Zark City.  It would be like playing the normal
> game on 1"x1.5" cards (and I have a deck that small), but since you
> could stack the pyramids it would be doable.
>
> I know not everything needs to be done Giant, but it's fun to experiment.
>
> Bryan
>
> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Kristin Looney <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Bryan -
>>
>> We have a giant chessbaord, which will be available at Origins.
>> We have a giant WW5 board, which is awesome, it will be at Origins.
>>
>> But a giant deck of playing cards would be a crazy amount of
>> work, and not really cool enough for the effort. And frankly,
>> we don't want to be asked to store and transport such a thing!
>>
>> Not every game needs to be made in giant form...
>>
>> -Kristin
>>

>> --On May 7, 2010 Bryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I also would like to make my own set of giant pyramids.  Does anyone
>>> have a template for making them out of cardboard, like they used to
>>> sell from the Labs?
>>>
>>> Having learned Zark City, I might be interested in playing it on a
>>> Giant scale at Origins.  Will there be a giant deck of cards
>>> available?  Or should I think of providing my own somehow?  Someone
>>> said they might bring a giant Gnostica deck, but I'm not sure that
>>> would do the job.
>>>
>>> Will there be a giant chessboard?  I'm pretty sure someone said they
>>> would bring one.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bryan