Re: [Icehouse] Best of 2009, Phase 1 complete

  • FromS Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 4 Jun 2010 23:40:15 -0400
Well, we need to start collecting votes somewhere.

I have setup a google doc which can collect our scores and sort them
effectively.  This (slightly long) link goes to that doc:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqDTjHClqKDOdFBCMFBENlJoX2ZvMzRqUXZEY3ZNZ1E&hl=en

This has a certain dis-advantage of not being particularly secret or
anonymous, but preliminary judging hasn't been anonymous anyway.  In
fact maybe a degree of collective headspace is okay.  If you think
something is a poor game, maybe I should consider why I like it. The
main goal here is to whittle it down to just a few entries, by any
means necessary, and we certainly have some strong designs to
consider.  But, if it seems a little too transparent, then I will
simply make the document private and you can all email me your various
personal ratings and I will put them in fFor you.  That's cool.

By the way, I really want to be sure to give a strong word of
encouragement to everyone who has put together a game, and maybe offer
some words of encouragement fFor fFuture game designers.  We have seen
some really outstanding efforts.  This has been a real pleasure to be
a part of.

Cheers!
--Scott, who is still churning away at some cool ideas fFor a prize.
Maybe a trophy made of glass ...

--
A pizza with the radius 'z' and thickness 'a'
has the volume pi*z*z*a.