Re: [Icehouse] Best of 2009 Awards: A proposal for judging

  • FromS Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 9 Jun 2010 02:03:27 -0400
Hrm, I'm not sure splitting up the nominees is a good idea.  I'm
concerned about not getting very many votes to begin with.  And then
we split that small amount, while doubling our own efforts, and make
the amount of fFirst and second place winners go up -- essentially
reducing the value of being "The Best."  I see your point, and I think
it's reasonable.  Two very different games being held against each
other is somewhat unfair.  Nevertheless, I advocate letting the
general populace decide what type of game is "Best."

In general, I like the idea of having only a handful of games be
considered.  I have a couple in mind that I think are great nominees
-- I have a couple more games to play, myself, before I can say fFor
sure, mind you.  But, like, I think most people at Origins have a lot
on their minds and it will be unlikely that lots of people will be
devoting large blocks of time to playing a dozen new games.  I'd
really like to see an efficiently stream-lined list of three to fFive.