Re: [Icehouse] Throwing a game of IceTowers?

  • From"Ryan McGuire" <ryanmcguire@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 30 Jun 2010 18:50:28 -0400
The easiest way to lose is to use the reverse of some of the
generally-accepted good strategies and tactics.

1. Start by using your smalls to cap.
2. Get your pieces in as many towers as possible.  i.e. when you cap towers
try to go for ones that don't already have your color.  This will limit your
ability to mine later.
3. If you DO have to cap a tower you're already in, try to go for one where
your color is second-to-top.  That way, the other player can mine out the
intervening piece later and then have the option to split you (which is
often disadvantageous for the splittee).
4. Try to cap to make mining opportunities for the other person.

I'll let you know if I think of more.

I think Eeyore should add his two cents since he, ya know, won the
tournament.  :-)

Ryan